Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A SUPER centerpiece

Calling all Super Moms!! I am a mother of boys,which means right now my life consists of super heroes, Nerf guns and band aids.My oldest son turned 4 at the end of November and his birthday theme was of course super heroes. He also chose to have his party and the one and only Chuck E Cheese which I wasn't mad about considering I probably paid less there for the same amount of guests I would have had at our house including food fun and favors and an added plus no clean up for me!! SCORE!!! Although the party was basically set up on its own I thought a few extra super hero touches wouldn't hurt, plus I  love to decorate for my babies it makes me feel good to do things extra special and personal for them. So, Chuck E Cheese pretty much provided everything but I thought some cute centerpieces would add an extra POP!! to the table. These centerpieces are simple and easy to make, you can also use this same concept with different themes.
  Supplies:
6 large mason jars (or any glass jar or vase)
42 kabob skewers
6 large icons "Pow,Pop,Bam,Zap,Wow,Wham"
7 different super hero logos printed out 6 times (I used cup cake topper prints)
2 bags of decorative shred any color (I purchased mine at the Dollar Store)
Tape(I used scotch tape but any tape will do!)
Start with the base of the centerpiece which is the large icon, decorative shred and mason jar.
Take one empty mason jar and one of the large icon cut out and place the cut out inside the mason jar so it appears in the picture above. Repeat this process with all mason jars.
After all of the mason jars are done add the decorative shred inside the mason jar
Fill it so it looks like this or all the way to the top.
Now for the middle of the centerpiece you will need 42 icon cut outs, I used cup cake topper print outs, 42 kabob skewers and tape,
Separate all  icons into matching piles and start with one pile at a time when assembling.
Place the icon cut out face down and tape skewer to the back.
When secured it should look like this, Repeat this process for all the icon cut outs.
When done they should look like this. Now you can start to put together the full centerpiece.
Place one of each icon in the jar until all jars have seven different super hero icons spread evenly throughout the jar.
When finished they should look like this.
And there you have it A SUPER centerpiece for your little super hero!
My Super Hero!


No comments:

Post a Comment