Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Chicken in a Miracle Dish

A friend at work is a Princess House Inc. consultant and she has been trying to convince me for a while that I really need to try out this "miracle dish" that is supposedly supposed to make miracle chicken in the microwave in 40 minutes...I know, that was my thought too..a whole chicken, in the microwave? and in 40 minutes? hmm..I love the Princess House products because they are really good quality with a lifetime guarantee so every time there is a special I try to snatch up whatever I can. Well, this month the Miracle Dish was on sale for a price that was such a steal I just had to get it. Not only can you use it in the microwave it is also oven and freezer safe and has a convenient plastic lid for refrigerator storage,not to mention the beautiful floral design. My dish order came in today so that means that tonight is miracle chicken night and I am ready to put this dish to the test. 
Ingredients:
1 whole chicken 4-5 lbs( rinsed and patted dry)
1 lemon sliced
1/4 of a yellow onion
2 potatoes
1 tsp of minced garlic
4 Tbl of olive oil
McCormick lemon pepper ( or any brand you prefer)
McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Season (or any rub your prefer)
1 Princess House miracle Dish
You can also make this recipe without the miracle dish, just use any baking dish with the same ingredients. Pre heat the oven to 450 ° and bake chicken 20 minutes for every pound Tip: add an additional 15 minutes for crispier skin.
Slice the lemon,potatoes and onion and set aside
Place the sliced potatoes in dish and season with salt and pepper.
Place the whole chicken on top of the sliced potatoes and squeeze the juice from all the lemon wedges onto the chicken. Once all juice is out place one of the wedges in the cavity of the chicken and set the rest aside.
In a small bowl combine olive oil with 1 tsp of minced garlic, 1 tsp of lemon pepper and 1 tbs of rotisserie chicken seasoning and stir together.
Pour mixture over the whole chicken.
Use your hands to evenly coat the chicken so every piece of the chicken is full of flavor.
Take the sliced onions and spread evenly over the chicken, place some of the onions in the  cavity of the chicken as well.
Place the remaining lemon wedges on the sides of the chicken so it can infuse the chicken from the inside and the top.
Cover and and place in the microwave and heat on high for 40 minutes...No matter how tempted you are DO NOT OPEN THE MICROWAVE TO CHECK THE CHICKEN!! believe me it's tempting. I had to refrain myself a few times, it was the longest 40 minutes of my life. haha
At last the result....drum roll please!

Viola! It worked! it really did work!! I am now a miracle dish believer. The chicken was evenly cooked all the way through and the potatoes were cooked to the perfect softness.(Tip: Use a meat thermometer and check all parts of the chicken the chicken temperature should reach 165° F)

Not only was the chicken cooked in 40 minutes in the MICROWAVE it was also really moist and practically falling off the bone.
And its ready to be served!The lid of the Miracle dish can also be used as a serving tray which is pretty awesome if you ask me. Princess House you have made me a believer and I can not wait to try the other Miracle Dish Recipes.
You can check out this "Miracle dish" aka Fantasia bake,serve and store 3 Qt casserole dish by searching
https://www.princesshouse.com/products/product_detail.aspx?pid=190300

You won't regret it







No comments:

Post a Comment